GLORY OF LORD RAMA





Friday, January 20, 2023

LET ME HAVE SRI RAMA,

 Jai Sri Ram,

The great enlightened hermit Vishvamitra lived in a forest knowing it to be a sacred spot, practiced Japa and Yoga, and performed many sacrifices but was much afraid of Marica and Subahu, for as soon as they saw a sacrifice they would hasten to desecrate it to the great chagrin of the sage, who felt disturbed in his mind and thought the wicked rakshasa could not be disposed of without Sri Hari,

The great sage then said to himself, the lord has already taken birth in order to relieve the earth of its burden, let me make the outrage of the demons an excuse of seeing his feet and after due entreaty bring the two brothers here, I will regale my eyes with the sight of him who is the abode of knowledge, dispassion, and all virtues,

Indulging in expectations of various kinds the age took no time in reaching his destination, bathing in the stream of Sarayu, he proceeded to the royal court, when the king heard of the sage's visit he went out to meet him with a party of brahmans, prostrating himself on the ground the king reverently brought him on his own throne, then, washing the sage's feet, he paid him great honors, and said, no one else is as blessed as I am today and entertained sage through various ways, sage was much delighted,

Then the king placed his four sons on the sage's feet, at the sight of Rama sage forget all about, was enraptured as he gazed at the beauty of Sri Rama, sage forget all about himself, gladdened at heart king said, revered sir, you have never shown such grace to me before, tell me what brings you here, I will carry out your order without delay, Host of demons molest me, O king, I, therefore, come to ask something of you, LET ME HAVE SRI RAMA,  with his younger brother Laxmana, with the extermination of the demons I will feel secure,

May Lord bless all,

Thanks, please