GLORY OF LORD RAMA





Friday, December 16, 2022

Hark, O contemplative ascetic

 Jai Sri Ram,

Let me ask Hari for a gift of beauty, but, Alas,,, Much time will be lost in going to him, yet I have no such friend as Hari, let him, therefore, come to my rescue at this juncture, then Narad prayed in manifold and lo, The supportive and merciful lord appeared before him, the sight was soothing to the sage's eye, he was glad at heart and felt assured that his object would be accomplished, in great humility he told the lord all that had happened and said, be gracious to me and be enough to help me, Lord,

Bestowed on me your beauty, in no other way can I get possession of her, speedily do that which may serve my best interests, I am your servant, my Lord, seeing the might of his Maya, the Lord, who is compassionate to the poor, smiled to himself and said, Narada, listen to me, I shall do that alone which is good for you, and nothing else, my words can never be untrue,

Hark, O contemplative ascetic, if patience distracted by the malady ask for something which is harmful to him, the physician would never give it, in  a like manner I have resolved on doing what is good to you, so saying Lord disappeared, under the spell of his Maya the sage was mystified that he could not understand the words of Sri Hari, The sage hastened to the spot where the arena for the choice marriage had prepared,

Royal suitors had occupied their seats each with his retinue, the sage was glad at heart for he thought within himself, my beauty is so surpassing that the princess will never commit the error of choosing for her husband anyone else than me, in the sage's own interest the gracious Lord had made him hideous beyond description, but no one could mark the change that had taken place in him, everyone knew him to be Narada and greeted him as such,

May Lord bless all,

Thanks, please