GLORY OF LORD RAMA





Monday, April 3, 2023

think before you speak,

 Jai Sri Ram,

You know me to be a mere Brahmana, I tell you what kind of Brahman I AM, know that the bow is my SACRIFICIAL LADLE, arrows are my oblations, MY WARTH, the blazing fire, the brilliant fourfold forces, consisting of the horse, the elephant, the chariot and the foot soldiers are fuel,

And mighty princes have served as victims, whom I have cut to pieces with this very axe, and offered as sacrifices, in this way I have performed millions of sacrifices in the shape of armed conflicts, accompanied by the muttering of sacred formulas in the shape of war cries, 

My glory is not known to you, address me in contemptuous terms mistaking me for a mere Brahmana, since you have broken the bow, your arrogance has transgressed all limits, in your esteem you should stand as if you have conquered the whole world, 

Said Rama, O sage, think before you speak, your anger is out of proportions with my error, which is trifling one, worn out as it was, the bow broke at a mere touch, what reason have I to be proud, HEAR TRUTH, O LORD OF BRAGHUS IF AS YOU SAY, I TREAT YOU WITH DISRESPECT BECAUSE YOU ARE A BRAHMAN, WHO IS THAT GALLANT WARRIOR IN THIS WORLD TO WHOME I WOULD BOW MY HEAD OUT OF FEAR,

May Lord bless all,

Thanks, please