GLORY OF LORD RAMA





Sunday, March 10, 2024

unalloyed devotion does

 Jai Sri Ram,

As Shambu had finished his prayer and left, Vibhishan visited Rama, bowing his head and submitted gently, listen to my prayer, O my lord, you have killed Ravana, your sacred renown throughout the three worlds, you have shown mercy on me, now my Lord, consecrate your servant's abode, beguile the exertion of battle, then inspect the treasury, places and wealth and gladly bestows whatever you please on monkeys pray accept me as your own, then proceed to Ayodhya, as Rama heard such polite words, his eyes filled with tears, 

Said Rama, listen Vibhishan, what you say is quite true, your treasury and places are all mine, but when I recalled Bharata's condition, every moment passes seems an age to me, take a step, my friend, that I may soon be able to see him, you shall enjoy sovereignty till the end of creation, inwardly thinking on me, and then you shall ascend to my abode, the destination of holy men,

Vibhishan clasped the feet of the Lord, began to recount his virtues, turned to his place, and came back with an aerial car and lots of precious gems and jewels in honor of Rama, Rama stepped in along with his mates and started for Ayodhya, from the sky Lord distributes the articles for monkeys and bears, surprised them with his courtesy,

They were crossing the sea by aerial route fast, Shiva relates it to Uma, the practice of Yoga that concentration of mind, Japa muttering prayer, charity, and penance, the performance of sacrifices, fasting, and other religious observances fail to evoke Rama's compassion to the same degree as unalloyed devotion does, 

May Lord bless all,

Thanks, please