GLORY OF LORD RAMA





Wednesday, January 25, 2023

deceit and wily wrangling

 Jai Sri Ram,

Gautama's consort, having assumed the form of a stone under a curse seeks with patience the dust of the lotus feet, show mercy to her, O hero of Raghu's race, at a touch of his holy feet, which drive away sorrow, emerged Ahilya, a true embodiment of austerity, Beholding the lord of Raghus, the delight of his servants, she stood before him with joined palms, her heart is overwhelmed with love, the hair on her body stood on their end and she was unable to utter a word, the most blessed Ahilya cleaved to his feet and tears streamed from both eyes, recovering herself she recognized the lord and by the grace of Sri Rama attained devotion to his feet,

In the guileless speech, she began to praise the Lord, glory to the Lord of Raghus who is accessible through spiritual knowledge, I am an impure woman, while the lord is able to sanctify the whole world and is the delight of his servants, O lotus-eyed enemy of the Ravana, pray to save me, my consort Gautama did well in pronouncing a curse on me and I have deemed it the greatest favor, I have feasted my eyes on Sri hair that yourself, who liberates from the bondage of worldly existence, Lord Sankara deems your sight as the only blessing worth the same, 

Lord, I am very innocent of heart, I have only one request to make, I seek no other boon from you, my master, I only crave for my mind may ever continue to enjoy the love for your lotus feet, dust even as the sucks the honey from lotus, the merciful lord Sri Hari placed on my head the same lotus feet from which issued the holiest Ganga, the heavenly river, which is born by Shiva on his head and which is adorned by Brahma, having thus praised Sri Hari and falling again and again at his lotus feet Gautama's Ahilya took leave of the Lord and securing a boon, which she held most dear to her heart, she went to her husband's abode full of joy,

The Lord Sri Hari is such a great friend of the humble and compassionate beyond one's deserts, adore him, O foolish Tulsidasa, giving up all deceit and wily wrangling,

May Lord bless all,

Thanks, please