GLORY OF LORD RAMA





Sunday, January 22, 2023

My lovely boys

 Jai Sri Ram,

Entrust them to me, O king, with a cheerful heart, let no infatuation or ignorance stand in your way, you will earn religious merit and fair renown there, and your sons will be highly blessed, hearing this most unwelcome demand the king's heart quivered and the brightness of his countenance faded, 

He said I have been blessed with four sons in my old age, you have, therefore, made your demand without due consideration, holy sir, ask of me land, cattle, goods, and treasure, and I will gladly give all I have without delay, nothing is dearer to than one's body and life, but in no case can I afford to spare Rama, my Lord, 

My lovely boys, who are yet too young, are no match for the most hideous and relentless demons, the enlightened hermit Vishvamitra felt delighted at heart to hear the king's reply, steeped as it was in the nectar of love, the Vashista Pleaded with the king in manifold ways and all his doubts were gone, most politely he sent for the two boys and pressed them to his blossom admonished them in many ways,

Turning to the sage he then said, my lord, the two boys are my very life, you are their only father now, holy sir, there is no one to look after them, invoking various blessings on the boys the king committed them to the care of the sage, then they called at the mother's apartment and bowing their head at the feet departed, the tow heroes, lions among men, oceans of compassion, resolute of purpose and the ultimate cause of the whole universe, gladly proceeded to rid the sage of his fear,

May Lord bless all,

Thanks, please