GLORY OF LORD RAMA





Saturday, February 25, 2023

Give up all hope and turn your faces homewards

 Jai Sri Ram,

Tell me, who would not have this prize, but none could string the bow, let alone string and break it, there was not one of you, brothers, who could stir it even a grain's breadth from its place, now no one who prides on his valor should feel offended if I assert that there is no hero left on earth to my mind,

Give up all hope and turn your faces homewards, it is not the will of providence that Sita should be married, all my religious merits should be gone if I abandon my vow, and the princes must remain a maid, what can I do, Had I Know, brothers, that there are no more heroes in the world, I would not have made myself a laughing stock by understanding such a vow, 

All who heard Janaka's words, men and women alike, felt distressed at the sight of Janaki, Laxmana, however, got incensed, his eyebrows were knit, his lips quivered and his eyes shot fire,

For fear of Rama he could not speak, though Janaka's words pierced his heart like an arrow, yet at last, bowing his head at Sri Rama's lotus feet he spoke words which were impregnated with truth,

May Lord Bless all,

Thanks, please