GLORY OF LORD RAMA





Wednesday, May 17, 2023

I go to the forest

 Jai Sri Ram,

In any case, if it is your father's command alone, then go not, remembering that a mother ranks higher than one's father if, on the other hand, both father and mother have asked to proceed to the wood then, of course, the forest will equal a hundred cities like Ayodhya, with the sylvan gods for your father, the sylvan goddesses for your mother and birds and beasts to wait upon your lotus feet,

At all events, it is but proper for a king to dwell in a forest in the evening of his life, it is your tender age that fills my heart with agony, 

How blessed is the forest and how luckless is Ayodhya, that will be deserted by you, O Rama, if I ask you, my boy, to take me with you, your mind will be filled with doubts, 

You are supremely dear to all, my child, you are the life of our life, and the vitality of our soul, as such you say, I go to the forest, while I remain rooted to my seat even on hearing these words and repent,

May Lord bless all,

Thanks, please