GLORY OF LORD RAMA





Monday, March 20, 2023

exterminated unborn offspring in the womb,

 Jai Sri Ram,

Said Laxmana with a smile, listen, holy sir, to my mind all bows are alike, what gain and loss can there be in breaking a worn-out bow, Sri Rama mistook it for a new one and at his very touch it broke into two, Rama not to blame for it either,

Why be then so angry, revered sir, for no cause, casting a glance at his axe, Parshurama replied, O foolish child, have you ever heard of my temper, I slay you not because, as I say, you are a child yet, do you take me for a mere anchorite, O dullard, I have been a celibate from my very boyhood, but also an irascible one,

And I am known throughout the world as a sworn enemy of the Kshatriya race, by the might of my arms I made the earth kingless and bestowed it time after time upon the Brahmans, look at this axe, which is lopped off the arms of Sahastrabahu, O youthful prince,

Do not bring woe to your parents, O princely lad, my most cruel axe has exterminated unborn offspring in the womb,

May Lord bless all,

Thanks, please