GLORY OF LORD RAMA





Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Pardon me

 Jai Sri Ram,

Laxman smilingly retorted in a mild tone, the great sage considers himself an extraordinary warrior, he flaunts his axe before me again and again, as if he would blow away a mountain with a mere puff of breath, here there is no pumpkin in the bud that would wither away as soon as an index finger is raised against it, 

It was only when I saw you armed with an axe and a bow and arrows that I spoke with some pride, now that I understood you are a descendant of Bhrigu and perceive a sacred thread on your person, I surpassed my anger and put up with whatever you say, in our daily valor is never shown against gods, the Brahmans, devotees of Sri Hari and the cow, 

For by killing of these, we incur sin while a defeat at their hands will bring disrepute on us, we should throw ourselves at your feet even if you strike us, even word of yours is as incisive as millions of thunderbolts, the bow and arrows and the axe are, therefore, an unnecessary burden to you, 

Pardon me, O great and illuminated hermit, if I have said anything unseemly at the sight of your weapons, hearing this, the jewel of Bhrigu's race rejoined in a deep voice,

May Lord bless all,

Thanks, please