GLORY OF LORD RAMA





Friday, March 2, 2012

ferryman

Jai Sri Ram
Rama called for a boat to cross the river but ferryman would not bring it and said that I know your secret, dust of your lotus feet transformed rock to charming lady, if my boat itself converted as that of hermits lady I shall be robed of the very means of my subsistence.

If you want you cross the river, command me to lave your lotus feet.

I will let you aboard the boat only I have bathed your lotus feet; I seek to toll from you-I swear by you what I tell you is truth alone, let Laxman shot me but until I have washed your lotus feet, I will not.

Lord allowed him to do so, having laved the lord’s feet and drunk of the water in which they had been immersed along with the other members of his family, he thereby transformed the souls of the deceased forbear across the ocean of metempsychosis and then gladly took the lord across the Ganga.

The lord as well as Laxman and sita did their utmost but the ferryman would accept nothing, all merciful Lord dismissed him bestowing on him the boon of unalloyed devotion.

May lord bless all.

Thanks please