GLORY OF LORD RAMA





Thursday, December 29, 2022

live in a world away from the public gaze

 Jai Sri Ram,

The king replied, those who are repositories of wisdom and free from pride like you always keep their reality concealed, even though proficient in everyday, they prefer to remain in tattered clothes, saints and ages proclaimed like you, and are held most dear to Sri Hari, when the hermit saw the king's affection and faith in him, spoke with ever greater affection,

Listen, O king, I tell you sincerely that I have dwelt here for long, no one has come to me so far di I make myself known to anyone, for popular esteem is like a wildfire, which consumes the forest of penance, not only fools, says Tulsidas, but even cleaver men taken by fair appearances, look at the beautiful peacock, though its notes are sweet like nectar, it devours snakes,

I live in a world away from the public gaze, God knows everything without being told, what is to be gained by humoring the world, you are sincere and intelligent therefore dear to me, I earned affection and confidence in you and relate that my name is Ekatanu, King reverently asked the meaning, the hermit said, my birth took place at the dawn of creation, since then, I have never taken another body, that is why I am called Ekatanu, 

Marble, not my son, nothing is difficult to obtain through penance, by the dint of penance Viranchi, Shambu, and Hari perform their respective task, the king felt much enamored by the words of the hermit, he further relates countless stories to win the faith of king, king completely yielded to the influence of the hermit, then proceed to tell him his real name, Said, hermit, I know you, even though you try to deceive me, I appreciate it,  then Pratap Bhanu, express the desire of his heart that I see you so gracious and ask a boon which is impossible to attain that let my body be free from old age, let no one vanquish me in battle, let me enjoy undisputed sovereignty over the globe for hundred Kalps and let me have no enemy, the hermit said, be so, if you escape from Brahmans curse, never let anyone of meeting with me, 

May Lord bless all,

Thanks, please